A Good Girl's Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson

 YA Fiction, mystery - Ages 13 to older

Amazon.com: A Good Girl's Guide to Murder (9781984896360): Jackson, Holly:  Books


Andie Bell was the stereotypical popular, and gorgeous high school senior, that was until she was murdered by her boyfriend, Sal Singh, who then killed himself. Now five years later, Pip, a senior, and the town still feels the eeriness of both their murders. 

Pip has decided to take on the closed case for her final senior project. Pip sees it as a cool opportunity and simply does it without doubting much about the case, but soon after Pip discovers unsolved mysteries that make her question the past and present. “Someone in Fairview doesn’t want Pip digging around for answers, and now her own life might be in danger.”


A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder is a beautiful written thriller that had me on the edge of my bed the whole time! I usually don’t read mysteries that often but this fast paced book had me hooked from the start. I especially loved the fact that throughout the book, Holly included the “pieces of evidence,” whether it be an email or a handwritten sticky note inside the book. I think those pages of evidence really added to the plot and the experience of the read. 


This book is absolutely incredible, and I recommend it to thriller/mystery lovers, and or lovers of Karen M. McManus (author of One of Us is Lying.) I would definitely give this book a five out of five stars, and I can’t wait to read the rest of the trilogy!

Popular posts from this blog

Long Live The Pumpkin Queen by Shea Ernshaw

The Book Talk's Take on Booktok

July's Reads and Review