Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

 Young adult, contemporary romance - Ages 12 to older

Anna And The French Kiss (paperback) By Stephanie Perkins : Target


Anna was happy with her life in Atlanta. She had a best friend and a crush on her coworker at the local movie theater, who recently started returning the connection she felt for him. But now is a different story for Anna and her life. Her father has decided to send her to boarding school in Paris for senior year, despite her not knowing any French, or knowing anyone in Paris. Then things start moving quickly, when Anna meets some new friends, including the dashing Étienne St. Clair, who quickly becomes her best friend. But Étienne is taken, and Anna might be too- in more ways than one. Will a year of magical discoveries and challenges “end with the French kiss she’s been waiting for?“

OK, I would like to start off this review by saying this book definitely captures the feelings of a 17-year-old girl with a crush. Anna and the French Kiss was so CUTE! Throughout the whole entire plot I was intrigued by the hundreds of small cinemas, and the beautiful wording. I really felt like I could relate to Anna and her story at such a young age. I’m so glad that in the end Anna and St. Clair had they’re happy ending, because it was pretty obvious that they were meant for each other. I mean let’s be honest who doesn’t love a scene where the guy confesses his love to the girl after he ran across the city or some major obstacle to get to her…? Because I sure do, and this had it! 

This book really captures the idea of friendship, and taking risks. I love these types of books, because it truly feels like you’re in on the adventure. Also any adventure in Paris is worth reading! I am also thrilled that there are two more books in the series, because I definitely fell in love with this book- so I need to read more Stephanie Perkins books. 


I would recommend this book to romance and contemporary readers, and lovers of Love and Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch- or any of her books! For now goodbye, and remember anything is possible when it comes to love. OK sorry for the cheesy tag-lines, I’m off to read another heartbreaking story about love and Europe. Au revoir :)


Popular posts from this blog

Long Live The Pumpkin Queen by Shea Ernshaw

Happy Place by Emily Henry

The Book Talk's Take on Booktok