Crescent city by Sarah J. Maas

 Fantasy - Ages 16 and older

House of Earth and Blood (Crescent City): Maas, Sarah J.: 9781635574043:  Amazon.com: Books


Bryce Quinlan was living her perfect life- “working hard all day and partying all night.” That was until a demon murdered her closest friends. Now two years later when the mysterious murders start back up again, Bryce finds herself digging to find answers in the middle of the investigation. She will do whatever it takes to “avenge” the deaths of her friends. 

When Hunt Athalar, an infamous fallen angel, now a slave to the Archangels, is offered an irresistible deal that could change his whole future: help Bryce find the murder in a times notice, then his freedom will be granted. How can he say no? As the two venture throughout Crescent City’s darkest corners, they will uncover things such as a dark power that threatens everyone, and everything. A threat that could set them free in one of two ways, if they let it… 


Oh my god. Crescent City by Sarah J. Maas is a sizzling, mysterious, and action packed fantasy novel that had me questioning every piece of evidence introduced in it. This book has definitely passed the standards I set for it, in more ways than one! And I know I say a lot of books are five stars- but this storyline is on a whole nother level. Every twist in this book was perfectly placed, I just couldn’t believe how many secrets were revealed at the Summit. 

The ending of this book- no joke, had me speechless while I sat there with a hand over my mouth. Chapters 90-95 were so suspenseful. I felt in awe as I read about Bryce passing the Autumn Kings place in the drop and when Bryce and Danika got to see each other one last time in the afterlife- before Bryce shot up from the deepest levels of the drop, back to Hunt. 


To be honest at some parts in this book, especially towards the end, I for sure thought that there was not going to be a happy ending, but everyone got what they wanted in the end. Bryce finally found herself with Hunt’s help. Hunt got his soulmate and his freedom. Ruhn found his place, and got his sister back. “Through love, all is possible.”


If you love fantasy, and or enemies/strangers to lovers then this is the book for you! Sarah J. Maas delivered an incredible book once again. If you love any other books written by Sarah J. Maas, then you must try this book out! I have never been so hooked on a book from the start, and you should definitely go read this book now. 


Some of my favorite quotes from Crescent City by Sarah J. Maas:

  • You see everything I am, and you don’t run away from it.”

  • “Remember that you will die, and enjoy each pleasure the world has to offer.”

  • “Because she loved him that much more than she hated you.”

  • “Bryce was a ghost for a long while, Hunt. She pretended she wasn’t, but she was. You brought her back to life.” 

  • “I am Bryce Quinlan, Heir to the Starborn Fae.”

  • “That’s the point of it, Bryce. Of life. To live, to love, knowing that it might all vanish tomorrow.” You’re my mirror. You said so yourself.”

  • “Look toward where it hurts the most. That’s always where the answers are.” 


Popular posts from this blog

Long Live The Pumpkin Queen by Shea Ernshaw

Happy Place by Emily Henry

The Book Talk's Take on Booktok