Heartless by Marissa Meyer


Fantasy - Ages 12 to older

Heartless by Marissa Meyer


Catherine Pinkerton has her whole future planned out accordingly, including all the sweet treats you could think of, but in a mad, and treacherous place like Wonderland, “fate has other plans.” 

Catherine has caught the eye of the unmarried King, but she is not interested in sharing the throne with the short, shy, and annoying King. Cath’s mother and Father, the Marquess and Marchioness of Rock Turtle Cove expect her to accept the King’s hand in marriage at the upcoming royal ball. But when a mysterious and charming Jest makes a performance at the ball, Cath finally feels something true. Love. Now as Cath's life is thrown in different directions, can she stay true to her heart and find a way out of Wonderland’s madness? 

When reading Heartless, you will follow the origin story of how the wicked and crazy Queen of Hearts came to be. And I guarantee that you will be transported into the beautiful and wacky world of Wonderland, as you dive into Meyer’s brilliant stand alone novel, where happy endings are only a second thought.  

I never thought I would say a book could BE SO GOOD, but here I am, proving myself wrong. As a lover of fantasy and all things Wonderland, this book hit my soft spot! Marissa Meyer has always created such beautiful stories that make you feel like you are in her world of words and paper. The only thing I disliked about this book was the way it ended. Though after reading The Lunar Chronicles, I should have expected there to be some sort of twist-but that ending was something else. I got way too attached to the characters and relationships to ever doubt for a second that they would not get their happy ending. Oh well, I was wrong. 

I recommend Heartless to lovers of fairy tales, and lovers of anything else written by Marissa Meyer! You will instantly fall in love with Meyer’s words and her talent to bring such a bright and heartwarming story to life.  :)  


Popular posts from this blog

Long Live The Pumpkin Queen by Shea Ernshaw

Happy Place by Emily Henry

The Book Talk's Take on Booktok