Love and Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch

Love & Gelato: Welch, Jenna Evans: 9783959670913: Amazon.com: Books

Contemporary romance - Ages 12 and older


Lina’s mother’s dying wish was that she get to know her father. “But what kind of father isn’t around for 16 years?” Now Lina is spending the summer in Tuscany, but living in a house with a stranger for two months across the world from her home isn’t that exciting. But when Lina is gifted a journal that her mom wrote in while she lived in Italy, she starts discovering a “magical world” of art, food (including secret bakeries,) and so much more about her family’s secrets. 


I would have to say after I finish this book I pretty much bolted to the computer to write a review for it. Love and Gelato is a giddy, adventurous, and thoughtful contemporary novel that I couldn’t put down! Some people may think that because this book's font was a little bigger than most YA books, that it would be meant for younger readers. But as a younger teen this book definitely didn’t lack in depth or romance! I especially loved this book because Carolina is sixteen years old, so I felt like it was more exciting to read knowing that this character was living a life in some of the same ways I am. 


I still can’t get over Lina’s mother’s journal and how in the end she found her person, even though she passed on. And I know that Howard and Lina would go on and become a happy “family,” if this was real life and not a fiction book…lol. Also Ren and Lina were just so cute together running around Italy at night and discovering the hidden hideouts of past lovers. 


I would 100 percent give this book a FIVE star rating! I recommend this book to book lovers of YA contemporary romance novels, and anything by Nicola Yoon! This book had me blushing and wondering what was going to happen next on every page. I think every hopeless romantic should go read it now!


Popular posts from this blog

Long Live The Pumpkin Queen by Shea Ernshaw

Happy Place by Emily Henry

The Book Talk's Take on Booktok