The Cruel Prince by Holly Black

 

The Cruel Prince by Holly Black

YA fantasy 

Ages 13 and older

The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1) by Holly Black

Jude was seven years old when she and her two sisters were stolen away to live in the “treacherous High Court of Faerie,” after her parents were murdered. Now, ten years later Jude only wants to belong in Faerie, which is hard to do in a world where fey despise humans. So when Jude tries to find her place, people like Prince Cardan, the youngest and cruelest son of the High King, will tease and taunt. Jude must trust her instincts, defy Cardan, and face the consequences in a dark and lush world of fey. 

When it comes to anything faerie related, you can trust Holly Black to deliver an amazing, intriguing, and magical plot. I had heard lots of reviews about this book, and honestly I thought it was going to be overrated. But, even though I was a little lost in some parts when it came to the royal bloodline explanations- it was a pretty good! I gave this book a 3.5 out of 5 stars, and I would also like to acknowledge the details and beauty of this book! The cover and map are so intricately done, it really made me feel like I was in the Faerie world.

I would warn readers that the “enemies to lovers'' trope is more of a side plot in The Cruel Prince, but it still touches on the story of Jude and Cardan’s relationship. This book had me hooked the whole time, and I can’t wait to see what the rest of the trilogy holds! I would recommend this book to lovers of anything by Leigh Bardugo, or Victoria Aveyard! 

Popular posts from this blog

Long Live The Pumpkin Queen by Shea Ernshaw

Happy Place by Emily Henry

The Book Talk's Take on Booktok