Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover

Amazon.com: Ugly Love: A Novel eBook : Hoover, Colleen: Kindle Store

 Adult, contemporary romance - Ages 16 and older


When Tate Collins and Miles Archer unexpectedly knock into each other, quite literally, they can't deny the physical attraction toward one another. But they aren't friends, and Miles doesn't want to love anyone….. So they make a deal, involving only themselves and two rules: Don’t ask about the past, and don’t expect a future, Seems simple enough right? Though as time goes on “hearts get infiltrated, promises get broken, rules get shattered, and love gets ugly.” 

I don’t even know how Colleen Hoover packs so much heartbreak and loss and love into one tiny 300 page novel, but it sure is addicting. Just like any book by Hoover, I heard many incredible reviews about Ugly Love and I decided to read it. But when I tell you this book was nothing like her other novels- such as It Ends With Us, I 100 percent mean it. Honestly I still can’t get over this book, even though I finished it last night at 1:46 am because I couldn’t put it down. Ugly Love really dug deep into the horrors of losing a family, a son, but worst of all the ability to not want to love again. When I was about halfway through this novel, I could just tell that when Miles and Tate were kind of near happy with their no feelings, no relationship agreement, and when the book switched to the past- six years ago, Miles and Rachel were so in love it made me want to scream. But that was the moment I knew this book was going to turn around and gut me in my heart. Newsflash, it did. I was crying throughout the whole ending of the book, and crying at the thought of those last few lines Miles says when he confesses his background and feelings toward Tate. 

Ugh, this book was just so beautifully written, especially when the book flashed back six years for Miles, and the way the words formed on the paper embodied each word, kind of like- 

F

A

L

L

I

N

G. 

But in the end this powerful story made me smile, because Miles overcame the loss by visiting his past to make sure everyone else was happy, and when they were Miles sought out Tate, and she taught him how to fall in love again- or should I say fly?

I definitely recommend Ugly Love to lovers of anything else by Colleen Hoover, and or contemporary romance/romance lovers! Though do keep in mind the age suggestion, because there are many usages of strong language, and mentions of child loss, death etc. You can find more on Ugly Love on Goodreads, such as the age suggestions, summary, and or warnings. For now though this was such an incredible read, and I can’t wait for the movie to come out! At least I think there is a movie- but I am not sure yet.  :)


Now time for my favorite part- QUOTES!

  • “You’re looking at me like you fell in love with me.”-

  • “I didn't fall in love with you. I flew.”

  • “The ugly parts of love can’t lift you up. They bring you down. They hold you under. They drown you.” 

  • “You deserve so much more than what you are allowing yourself to have.”

  • “Listen Tate, I want your mess. I want your clothes on my bedroom floor. I want your toothbrush in my bathroom. I want your shoes in my closet. I want your mediocre leftovers in my fridge.” 

  • Sometimes not speaking says more than all the words in the world.”

  • Love isn't always pretty. Sometimes you spend all your time hoping it'll eventually be something different. Something better. Then, before you know it, you're back to square one, and you lost your heart somewhere along the way.” 

Popular posts from this blog

Long Live The Pumpkin Queen by Shea Ernshaw

Happy Place by Emily Henry

The Book Talk's Take on Booktok