Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover



Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover   


Contemporary romance novel   

Ages 15 to older

The only way I could describe myself after finishing this book is content. Besides the fact that anything Colleen Hoover writes is beautiful, this story was especially incredible, from the wording to the actually freaking lyrics! My favorite part of this book was the fact that Hoover incorporated short songs that the “characters” wrote, instead of just describing the songs- they were there! And as a lover of original music or just songwriting in general, this trait made me smile deep down. I also enjoyed the way in which the words were set up on the page. I noticed that Hoover did something similar to this in her other novel Ugly Love. It is almost written in pros in some parts, and it really adds a calm but also very impactful element when reading the story. 

Now leading into the main factor of this book. That factor being that one of the main characters, Ridge is deaf. I have never read a story (at least that I can remember), where the main character was deaf, but here it was! I can’t imagine how hard it is to try creating a deaf or even blind character, but of course Colleen managed to craft Ridge’s side of the novel into an elegant storytelling experience. With this being said, some might think that half of the story is going to be quiet- but Ridge’s perspective gives the story life, and he faces all the challenges like anger, stress, and decision making. But in the end of the story, when Sydney starts learning sign language so she can say she loves Ridge, it acts as the final topping on an ice cream sundae, and it really captures the lengths people will go in order to love. Not to mention how special every kiss and physical interaction was, because as a reader you have to look at someone through their hearts and not by the way they talk, or how they sound. Honestly if you haven’t read anything by Colleen Hoover y'all are missing out. :)

I would give this book five stars, and even though the plot was completed, I would love to see an epilogue of where all the other supporting characters ended up. This book made me shed tears of frustration, sadness, and just pure joy: so please go read it now. OMG I just looked it up and this is actually a series!! I am so stupid- but now I am so much more happy! 


I saw someone do this, and I decided that it perfectly represented how I felt and still feel after reading Maybe Someday:     The Five Stages of Loss After Reading: Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover

  • 1) Denial - Um no. I can’t be done with this book

  • 2) Anger - Why would you end this story Colleen?!

  • 3) Bargaining - Please Colleen, just give me a couple more longer chapters

  • 4) Depression - Nothing I will read will invoke the feelings I felt while reading this book 

  • 5) Acceptance - I might just re-read it until I read the next books in the series 


PS: I started school and I have not had time to read or write- but I will be more active over the weekends and if I finish reading any other books! If y'all are wondering I am currently reading The Love Hypothesis. Good night for now :) 


Maybe Someday - Kindle edition by Hoover, Colleen. Literature & Fiction  Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

Popular posts from this blog

Long Live The Pumpkin Queen by Shea Ernshaw

Happy Place by Emily Henry

The Book Talk's Take on Booktok