The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas


The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas  


Amazon.com: The Assassin's Blade: The Throne of Glass Novellas (Throne Of  Glass Series) eBook : Maas, Sarah J.: Kindle Store
Fantasy, fiction    

Ages 15 to older

I think it is safe to say that anything by Sarah J. Maas is action packed and beautifully worded. I found this book in my school library, which was kind of surprising but I checked it out the second I saw it. I currently own all the Throne of Glass books except for Kingdom of Ash, and Assassin’s Blade. I had heard that the Assassin’s Blade was the prologue of the TOG series, and that it wasn't really considered part of the series, but I decided to give it a read. And oh my gosh was this book was incredible. I sped through this book in the matter of about three hours, because it was so good! I especially liked how the book was split into little adventures instead of one big chapter of a book, it kind of gave me a breather before the next problem was introduced: and trust me there were a lot of suspenseful scenes.

This story follows the beginning stages of Celaena Sardothien’s life before she ventures into the rest of the Throne of Glass series. After reading this book and getting to about chapter ten I was crying, because just like how Colleen Hoover puts a big heartbreaking twist into the middle of the story, Maas doesn’t add the happy ending to the plot line. She just leaves all of us readers wanting more until something turns up right. Though I guess Maas does this because the TOG series is seven books long and over a thousand pages. Anyways I was so sad when I finally got to the ending and my favorite character was killed off. Sam. Why would she do this!? 

Despite all of the plot junctures and battles I loved the romance and description of the settings! I would definitely give this book five stars, and I recommend it to lovers of SJM and other YA and adult fiction and fantasy! This book left me even more eager to finish the TOG series, and I think everyone should read one of her books at some point!  

 

Popular posts from this blog

Long Live The Pumpkin Queen by Shea Ernshaw

Happy Place by Emily Henry

The Book Talk's Take on Booktok