Before We Were Strangers by Renée Carlino

Amazon.com: Before We Were Strangers: A Love Story eBook : Carlino, Renée:  Kindle Store

 Before We Were Strangers by Renée Carlino

Contemporary fiction, romance 

My favorite genre of books are fictional contemporary novels, especially if they include romance. Something about the way the setting and time zones play a major role in those types of books really captures my interest: and Before We Were Strangers one hundred percent made the top 10 books I read in 2021. This story follows the life of two college neighbors who fall in love at the wrong time. Eventually opportunities pass and they disappear from each other's lives, until fifteen years later they get a glimpse of one another in the subway. Years have gone by and both of them have lived life wondering what happened to the other. They finally reunite… and I will tell you now it ends with a happy ending. I was especially surprise that this book was published in 1989, because the writing and story line felt so timeless: applause for Renee Carlino.  :) 


Matt and Gracie were the cutest couple, and I loved that this book captured the struggles and upsides of love: especially with the whole flashback sequence that showed their past and current lives. I also love taking photos of everything, so reading about Matt saying that Grace was his first muse through photography was really beautiful. I thought this book was really truthful as a contemporary novel, and if anyone has read any books similar to this- please email them to me! 


This book really reminded me of many Colleen Hoover books that break my heart but eventually turn out beautiful. I will one hundred percent read more books from Renee Carlino because she has such an interesting and captivating way of writing. I recommend lovers of romance and contemporary novels to read this book, because it will leave you wanting much, much more.  


PS. Hope everyone had a great holiday! I finally got to visit the Strand in NY, and I was in heaven. I am now currently about to spend half of my Christmas money on books from Barnes and Noble, ha. Anyways adios and muchos gracias por reading my reviews! <3



Popular posts from this blog

Long Live The Pumpkin Queen by Shea Ernshaw

Happy Place by Emily Henry

The Book Talk's Take on Booktok