Every Day by David Levithan

 Every Day by David Levithan  - Contemporary fiction, YA   


Amazon.com: Every Day: 9780307931894: Levithan, David: Books

Day 6034. I finished Every Day by David Levithan.


I think this book is the literal description of my type of genre when it comes to reading. This book made me feel like breathing on a cloud, and running through the sand on the beach at sunset. I can tell that ever since finishing this book, I am going to be keeping this story close to my heart. I loved the short chapters and getting to see how A’s eyes were looking at a total stranger in the mirror every day, because it kind of re-centered myself…  


I had seen this movie a while ago, but I did not really remember the specific details included in it, so when I saw this book at Barnes and Noble it called to me. After reading the first sentence “I wake up. Immediately I have to figure out who I am” I don’t think I have ever related more to a quote than I had to this one. It reminded me of who I start my day with every day, every once in a while when I walk up I may feel drained or out of place, or not comfortable in my body, but then there are some other days where I feel perfect or light on my feet and I feel like I have the world in my fingertips. 


This book was fast paced but kind of slow at the same time, because I was reading about more than thirty people’s one day. I felt like falling in love while I plowed through this book, though at the same time I knew what A and Rhiannon was not and could not go on. Despite the kind of peaceful yet abrupt ending, I am truthfully a little but scared to read the other two books in the series, because I can not imagine what else could happen between the two of them while the whole world is between them. And when it came to the wording of this book I was so intrigued! The chapter endings and spaces in the story seemed perfectly placed while I read this book in one sitting. 


Ooo, I need to take a breath, lol. I tend to write my review while listening to my “stars” album on Youtube (and yes I am that one person who uses Youtube to listen to music). But it has got some pretty emotional songs on there, like Experience by Ludovico Einaudi. ANYWAYS, haha. I really enjoyed this book and I recommend it to people who liked the book If I Stayed by Gale Forman, or lovers of anything similar to The Fault in Our Stars by John Green that involve medical or magical precautions! Have another great weekend mis amigos, y adios!  :) 



Time for some of my favorite quotes! 


  • “I wake up thinking of yesterday. The joy is remembering; the pain is knowing it was yesterday.” 

  • “That was easy compared to this. It’s one thing to fall in love. It’s another to feel someone else falling in love with you, and to feel responsibility toward that love.”

  • “There are moments I just sit in my frame, float in my tank, ride in my car and say nothing, think nothing that connects me to anything at all.”

  • “I wanted love to conquer all. But love can’t conquer anything. It can’t do anything on its own. It relies on us to do the conquering on its behalf.” 

  • “I will never have a paragraph of her to carry around in my pocket. I will never have a letter in her handwriting, or a scrapbook of everything we’ve done. [...] I watch her as the dreams take hold. This memory. I will only have this. I will always have this.”

Popular posts from this blog

Long Live The Pumpkin Queen by Shea Ernshaw

Happy Place by Emily Henry

The Book Talk's Take on Booktok