Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. Maas

 Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. Maas  

Fantasy, fiction  

Amazon.com: Kingdom of Ash (Throne of Glass, 7): 9781619636101: Maas, Sarah  J.: Books


It may be 10pm on a Sunday night, and I may still have lots of biology homework to do: but the main point of this sentence is that I finished KOA. Wow, I think that sentence deserves a nomination. Ahhhh, guys I finished the Throne of Glass series! I was up last night pretty much staring at the wall, because I had such an adventure while reading all eight of the books that make up this series, and now it is done. This book was 980 something pages (probably one of the longest books I will read this year, and have read ever), and I finished a little three fourths of it yesterday!


I think I am going to need to split this review into parts based on the characters and couples that grew throughout the whole story: but I think we have to start with our main loves, Aelin and Rowan! I loved both of these characters from the first page of Throne of Glass, especially how strong and bad ass Aelin was and became. SJM deserves all the hype for how epic all of her main female characters are, because I literally look up to them, lol. Anyways, it broke me having to read about Aelin getting beaten and tortured  from Queen Maeve, especially having to read it from Rowan’s perspective, and that he had to wait in order to save his love, his mate, his wife. I just loved everything about this book!! Aelin and Rowan’s relationship was tested in so many ways during the whole TOG series, and Kingdom of Ash really proved that they are not only mates but soulmates. 

Whenever these two were together I was laughing, blushing, or honestly, crying, because they are so perfect together and it made me so giddy when they talked about their future and Rowan’s vision about Aelin with their children. I really hope that there will be a sequel, but this book series came out years ago, and realistically, we are not going to get another book. But thankfully SJM is still writing and creating books in 2021, including her second book in the Crescent City series (which I have on preorder, lol)! 


Anyways onto the other couples including Elide and Lorcan, and Lysandra and Aedion! Both of these pairs were really made visible in Tower of Dawn, and let me say I am so glad they were introduced because in the end both of these couples were so cute together. Elide seemed so precious and the fact that Lorcan stayed by her side until they admitted their feelings for each other was so beautiful. On the other hand Aedion and Lysandra both fought a lot in this book until like the last few chapters when Lysandra went through the battlefield to admit her love toward Aedion. But it was all good because all four of these cuties said “I love you” in the end. 

Though I do need to rant a little about Manon and Dorain, because wowww the tension between the two of them is immaculate. At the end of the book when Manon came back to their tent and she admitted that she was scared of losing him. Awww, they are so freaking adorable together! I really hoped that they would get married or something, but that question was left open when neither of them denied the question to themselves, soooo it could happen. 


I do have to say I was a little confused with the fact that there are so many groups and clans in this book, that sometimes it was hard to keep up. Especially when it came to fighting scenes, and SJM would list off the different types of witches, and I was just lost- but they were still epic. 


Ok this review is a lot longer then what I have been writing, but I have a lot to say about this book, and the whole series for that matter. SJM has a really interesting writing style that I love, and she can create such creative and luscious worlds. Anyways I think everyone should read this if they love fantasy and tension and love and war and literally everything! But be warned it is very heartbreaking and painful to read, because of the tramus: besides that everything about it makes me happy. 


PS. I have set my 2022 reading goal to about 50+ books: which is less than this year, so I will most likely pass it but we will see how another covid crazy year goes. Also my midterms were canceled due to covid, which is a plus- but also nerve wracking because they were going to be my first high school midterms, but oh well disease just spread throughout the world, hah. Have a good week my fellow readers! 

 

Fanart appreciation time! Go follow the artist Mellen Draws on Insta!!

Lord Chaol and Lady Yrene" Art Board Print by Mellendraws | Redbubble59 Art wedding ideas in 2021 | art, fan book, throne of glass fanartLysandra and Aedion" Art Board Print by Mellendraws | RedbubbleYaz — by mellendraws on InstagramThe Crochan Queen and the King of Adarlan" Art Board Print by Mellendraws |  RedbubbleTumblrmellendraws (@mellendraws) / Twittermellendraws (@mellendraws) / Twitter

Popular posts from this blog

Long Live The Pumpkin Queen by Shea Ernshaw

Happy Place by Emily Henry

The Book Talk's Take on Booktok