A Touch of Darkness Series Review!

A Touch of Darkness (Hades X Persephone Book 1) - Kindle edition by St.  Clair, Scarlett. Literature & Fiction Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

 A Touch of Darkness Series by Scarlett St. Clair      

Romance, Fantasy 

⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ✨ 


I finished this whole trilogy in three days because it was such an amazing, action-packed, and romance-driven story that I could not put it down! To be honest these books had been sitting on my bookshelf for a couple months because I was not sure if they were going to be that great…but they were so good. I do have to say that the third book was kind of repetitive before it got to the final last two chapters that included more action. So because of this I would give the series an overall 4.5 stars out of 5! 


I absolutely loved how the third book ended with Persephone and Hades' marriage, because I was desperately waiting for them to get permission from the fates to get married before it was too late. Some stupid fights occurred between Hades and Persephone, mainly because of Persephone’s misinterpretation. I think both of them proved themselves worthy of each other on multiple occasions, so now that their love is out in the open and proclaimed, the gods can start focusing on the impending war that is going to occur in the fourth book of this series. Dun dun dun. I don’t think I have it in me to have to wait till December until the fourth book, A Touch of Chaos comes out.

  Some friendships were questionable, because later on in the book those friends most likely turned on each other without the other friend knowing…I do have to say that Hermes is literally the funniest character I have ever met! He was so outrageous and hilarious even in times when it was awkward. 


I also really loved the inclusion and detail of all the gods and goddess powers, especially Persephone discovering her power in the Underworld. The Underworld was in my opinion, beautifully written about in this series, because it had its “evil” sides but it was quite calming to read about its hidden beauties. Overall this series was lush, battle driven, and full of god-like beauty. I would definitely recommend this series to people who liked the A Court of Roses series by Sarah J. Maas, or a Shadow Between Us by Tricia Levenseller!

Popular posts from this blog

Long Live The Pumpkin Queen by Shea Ernshaw

Happy Place by Emily Henry

The Book Talk's Take on Booktok