All This Time by Mikki Daughtry and Rachel Lippincott

All This Time by Mikki Daughtry and Rachel Lippincott 

YA fiction 

All This Time by Mikki Daughtry

Kyle thought that he had everything. A perfect girlfriend, Kimberly, plans for college, and a high-ride football lifestyle. That was until Kimberly reveals a hidden secret and a fatal crash leaves Kimberly dead, and Kyle having to redirect his entire life. Then Marley comes around. She is suffering from her own loss and doesn't think anyone can hear her except for Kyle. Their lives intertwine, and their true feelings help each other heal their pasts. Two broken hearts, a beautiful love story, and a twist of magic. 


I had a feeling that this book was going to be epic because I went through a whole Five Feet Apart phase after reading that book from these same two authors, but I was still surprised by how good this book ended up being. This was defiantly my first five-star read of the year! There were many twists and magical aspects that I didn't expect, but they really added to the storyline and plot. I mean, let's be honest, I was covering my mouth at some points, and crying at others. When it came to the characters from this story, I really felt connected to Marley, as her being a twin and wanting to be heard for her beautiful stories. She was this bright soul like Kyle until she wasn't. 


I loved the shorter length chapters and the idea of having your whole life planned out because that represents me in a nutshell. This book was lighthearted but also deeply thought through at the same time, and I wouldn't change a thing about it--besides the fact that it is going to leave a little scar in my heart, right next to the one that Five Feet Apart gave me. 


If you like YA fiction or just the classic magical romance, then this is the book for you! It is fast passed and personal on so many levels. Go check it out now! 


- P.S. I am really trying to aim for a larger yearly book goal than last year but I guess we will have to see. I am feeling confident though because I am already halfway through one of the harder school years in my life, lol (sophomore year), plus I have already four books this January! 





Popular posts from this blog

Long Live The Pumpkin Queen by Shea Ernshaw

Happy Place by Emily Henry

The Book Talk's Take on Booktok