The True Lover Experiment by Christina Lauren

The True Love Experiment by Christina Lauren

Romance, fiction

The True Love Experiment - Signed – Oxford Exchange

I am not going to lie on this blog, so when I say that I was incredibly grateful and surprised that Christina Lauren was creating a spin-off story in the continuance of Fizzy and Jess’ friendship, I squealed. I think I will always hold Jess and River number one in my heart, but Fizzy and Conner are a close second. This book is what I would call short and sweet, just include the entire recording of a reality dating show. Ok, but the outstanding ending to this book still has me smiling–anyways back to the non-spoilers review!


This story had the social aspect that The Solmate Equation also had, but this novel was definitely more comedic and giddy-worthy. Although I loved the little moments when I got to see how Jess and River were doing, because it never gets old when Fizzy scares River. Not to mention the little allusions to Twilight and other things that I absolutely love made this story just that much better. I also really loved the dynamic between Conner and Fizzy. At the beginning of this novel, they didn’t have the best track records in each other’s minds, which led to specific tensions…By the end though, they really were meant to be with each other–especially with their chemistry. 


When it comes to romance novels I don’t really have that much to say because most of the plots are all loosely based off of the original guide of friends/strangers to lovers then something stupid happens causing them to break up, only for them to finally get married or whatever in the end. All things aside, romance books are still my favorite type of book. Fizzy and Conner’s relationship and story were very freeing and silly, and I loved getting to see it through the eyes of a romance author, Fizzy. Overall I loved this book (five stars), and would recommend it to romance lovers and or Christina Lauren lovers!


Popular posts from this blog

Long Live The Pumpkin Queen by Shea Ernshaw

The Book Talk's Take on Booktok

July's Reads and Review